THE PRESIDENT’S FELLOWSHIP
The President’s Fellowship (2nd Cohort of the Global Peace County Ambassadors programme) is an annual Young Leadership Development Programme aimed at providing opportunity for upcoming and talented young leaders to be mentored and trained through a series of programmes and experiences. The annual fellowship will bring together at least 100 young talented youths from each of the 47 Kenyan Counties. The program includes intensive training, mentorship from community leaders, service programs, professional experience and community exchange programs to promote cohesion in the devolved system anchored on the youth.
The PF program is a competitive selection process looking for at least two President’s Fellows from each county (a male and female) based on the initiatives that they are doing in their county/communities to encourage job creation and innovation in solving community challenges.
There are a set of criteria which each applicant must meet in order to continue with the application. Should you not meet one or more of the criteria below, then your application can not be further considered for the selection this time.
The President’s Fellowship is open to young Kenyan leaders aged between 14 to 35 at the time of application submission, who meet the following criteria:
1. A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
2. A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
3. The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
4. Strong social and communication skills.
5. An energetic, positive attitude.
6. Demonstrated knowledge, interest and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
7. Be a resident of the specific county you are applying for.
8. LANGUAGE: You have a good level of Kiswahili, English and your mother tongue, and you are aware that language competence will be assessed at the interview stage.
9. Age limit 14 to 35
THE SELECTION PROCESS AND PERIOD
The President’s Fellowship is conducted as a merit-based open competition. A call for applicants shall be publicly advertised throughout the country and after the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semifinalists will be interviewed by the President’s fellowship organizing committee.
1. 20th August 2021 to 20th October 2021 – Open for application
2. 20th November 2021 – Selected applicants are notified
3. December 2021 – Virtual Interviews (via Zoom)
4. 5th January 2022 – All selected Fellows join the opening ceremony
In case of further questions please contact Samuel Budoi at email@example.com