3RD COHORT OF THE PRESIDENT’S FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME APPLICATION FORM (2023-2024)
The President’s Fellowship Programme is a hybrid annual Young Leadership Development Programme aimed at providing opportunity for upcoming and talented young leaders to be mentored and trained through a series of programmes and experiences. The annual fellowship will bring together at least 100 young talented youths from each of the 47 Kenyan Counties. The program includes intensive training, mentorship from community leaders, service programs, professional experience and community exchange programs to promote cohesion in the devolved system anchored on the youth.
The PF program is a competitive selection process looking for at least two President’s Fellows from each county (a male and female) based on the initiatives that they are doing in their county/communities to promote innovation and encourage job creation in solving community challenges.
There are a set of criteria which each applicant must meet in order to continue with the application. Should you not meet one or more of the criteria below, then your application can not be further considered for the selection this time.
The President’s Fellowship is open to young Kenyan leaders aged between 14 to 35 at the time of application submission, who meet the following criteria:
1. A proven record within our four main racks; Peace and Security, Leadership, business and entrepreneurship, or Climate Action.
2. A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
3. The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
4. Strong social and communication skills.
5. An energetic, positive attitude.
6. Demonstrated knowledge, interest and professional experience in any of the above tracks.
7. Be a resident of the specific county you are applying for.
8. LANGUAGE: You have a good level of Kiswahili, English and your mother tongue, and you are aware that language competence will be assessed at the interview stage.
9. Should be a Kenyan
THE SELECTION PROCESS AND PERIOD
The President’s Fellowship is conducted as a merit-based open competition. A call for applicants shall be publicly advertised throughout the country and after the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semifinalists will be interviewed by the President’s fellowship organizing committee.
1. 20th August 2022 to 20th November 2022 – Open for application
2. 20th December 2022 – Due to many applications that we receive only selected applicants will be notified
3. January 2023 – Virtual Interviews (via Zoom)/ direct phone call interviews for the semi-finalist applicants.
4. February 2023 – Orientation for the selected applicants.
5. March 2023 – Inauguration ceremony for the selected applicants
In case of further questions please contact Samuel Budoi at email@example.com